How far is Calgary from Edmonton, Banff, Fort McMurray, Red Deer and the other major centres in Alberta?
Calgary has been recognized as the "Heart of the New West". For many it is the starting point to exploring Western Canada, but with the vastness of landscape comes the question, “How far is it to…. and how can I get there?
Here are the driving distances from Calgary to Alberta’s other major centres:
- Calgary to Edmonton – 300 km
- Calgary to Red Deer – 150 km
- Calgary to Fort McMurray – 775 km
- Calgary to Lethbridge – 215 km
- Calgary to Medicine Hat – 295 km
Here are the driving distances from Calgary to a few of the best places to visit in and around the Calgary area:
- Calgary to Banff National Park – 120 km
- Calgary to Lake Louise – 185 km
- Calgary to Columbia Icefield – 310 km
- Calgary to Jasper – 425 km or 600 km (depending on route)
- Calgary to Drumheller – 150 km
For the adventurous, who want to use Calgary as their starting point:
- Calgary to Golden, BC – 265 km
- Calgary to Revelstoke, BC – 410 km
- Calgary to Kelowna, BC – 605 km
- Calgary to Vancouver, BC – 975 km
Alberta Coach Bus Service
Alberta Coach is a Canadian-owned charter motor coach/bus company that bases its operations out of Calgary and travels throughout Alberta and the western provinces. We offer our clients a variety of services from airport transfers; hotel transfers; and single or multi-day excursions and charter services.
We have a number of coaches and shuttles buses ranging in size from 25 to 56 passenger. We provide our clients with clean, well maintained vehicles operated by qualified, professional drivers. All of our vehicles come equipped with DVD players. Large windows are a must to enjoy the scenery. Our larger coaches (47 passenger and up) have reclining seats and are equipped with washrooms. Wi-Fi is also available on some of the coaches.
For your transportation needs, why not give Alberta Coach a call – 403-999.9550 or fill out our "Quick Quote" online form.